I suggest to implement ...

Fix only BUGs, no new awesome features

Increase your effort in fixing Bugs and clear concepts. Concentrate on your core competences like, a stabel running system, easy to use and analyse checkout, easy to use admin-interface and make everythink working solid and smooth.

You can also think about using your own module system to include new feature, why has everything to be in the standard core ?

You will never be able to have all the latest stuff in your standart edition of your software. There are partners who can care about that.

400 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael FuchsMichael Fuchs shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Shaun PurvisShaun Purvis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the "increase effort in clear concepts" part. For example, effort on an easy to use admin-interface is not a bug but would love to see it. Also agree that not all features have to be in the standard edition, but at the same time OXID shouldn't rely on just partners to release modules. Turning core features into modules would also help simplify the admin interface, as admins can just add these features as needed (e.g. facebook, private sales, etc.)

• nihonoxidnihonoxid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Michael has a very good point.
        Upgrades, new features, and other 'improvements' mean nothing when they just mean a new round of bugs. Please focus on clearing the bugs so users don't have to worry about their customers encountering them. Piece of mind is worth a lot more than a new buggy feature.

V4.5 interface is sexy but I imagine the majority of users will create their own to match their markets anyway. It would have been a more well received announcement to hear, "All known bugs fixed.".

• Dominik ZieglerDominik Ziegler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wolud be very nice if "trivial" bugs from bugtracker could be fixed in next version, so the bugtracker becomes cleaner and this annoying bugs are fixed. There are currently 182 open bugs. 10 of them are trivial, 7 have severity text and 13 are tweaks. A few of them can be fixed shortly.

• gregorgregor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great request - I strongly agree! I don't like new features every 2-3 months; I don't have money and time to change my approach to ecommerce.

• DennisDennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Best Feature Request since Years.... If i could put in 10 Votes i would vote this request 10 times..... All the latest Features (like the ugly/funny facebook integration) are a waste of time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base