I suggest to implement ...

Install a B2B/B2C feature

In the German forum very often user asks for a B2B/B2C feature for the CE.

The high frequency of this request shows that many users would like to use the CE as a B2B or B2B/B2C store. But up to now you can only use the PE together with a B2B modul or the EE for this kind of store. But not the CE.

540 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminMarco (Admin, OXID) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        tomorrow there will take place an interesting event regarding this feature request: The OXID user group NRW will meet in Essen for the second time - the topic is exactly to gather ideas, an epic and user stories for B2B functionality.
        If you are interested and around, please feel free to register at:
        http://de.amiando.com/oxid-nrw.html

Hi,
        if you want to just show up prices without VAT in the catalog part of your shop and add the tax on top during the checkout, please read this tutorial
        http://wiki.oxidforge.org/Tutorials/Calculate_VAT_in_cart_and_checkout_only

Please make sure you do not violate your country's legal rights. In some cases you have to secure the access to your online store via a login page, for example.

• michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for me itwouldbe great to have the possibility to offer B2B accounts after being approved.
        customer creates account, account has to be approved, after confirmation he can see prices w/o tax and discount.

• HarryC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Marco,
        yes, the customer has to choice at the entrance of the shop if B2B or B2C. If identified as B2B Customer, prices should be shown without tax.

• HarryC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice, when the user could select between private customer or business customer. Depending on the price should be shown as gross- or net price

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry is a kind of double post now, wasnt familiar that this board sorts dates descending ;)

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I look for such a feature myself. And i think i know what he means. I ll just try to explain.

1. B2B prices: All prices are shown without VAT in the Frontend, and the price including VAT optionally small below VAT free price.
        2. B2B/B2C price combinition: Admin can set User Groups to B2B or B2C, and if a customer is in a B2B Group he sees B2B prices, unless he sees B2C prices.
        3. Pure B2B Shop: Requires Login from approved B2B Account. Unless no shopping cart available and prices shown.

This would pretty exactly be the features of 2 Plugins developed by egate media for the PE4.

Okay, got it.
        As I see it, actually the "B2B Feature" is a bunch of features, right? How about splitting all that features into different ones to guarantee a continuous integration? One feature will be voted more, the other less and in this tool, we can mark it as "completed" once it is done.
        You see my point?

• oxid_fan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Marco,
        I will tray to explain all specifitys in Eglish:

( Sorry at first for my bad English)

Possibilities for Backend:
        1) selection possibility if the store display all prices only after login or every time

2) selection possibility, if the user accounts has to activated by the store admin for all users or only for B2B users

3) selection possibility for display article prices
        a) only the article price (standard)
        b) standard article price / discount in % and amount / discount price

4) selection possibility, if the store shall work as a B2B or B2B/B2C store.

a) as B2B
        - all prices in the store will display as net price (w/o tax)
        - all price calculation (discounts and surcharges) has to based on the net price

b) as B2B/B2C
        B2C -> all prices will display with tax,
        B2B -> if the B2B user log in the store switch over to display all prices as net prices (w/o tax)
        -> all price calculation (discounts and surcharges) has to based on the net price

5) possibility to set a costumer flag if the store user is a B2B user.

6) Account activation
        a) send e-mail that the account has to be activated by the store admin
        b) send e-mail if the account is activated by the store admin

Possibilities for Front-end:
        1) by create an account, the user can select between a B2B or B2C account.

a) B2B means:
        - additional select field for business type
        - additional insert field for website(url)
        - possibility to upload his “company registration” and his “letterhead” during the
        registration
        - after registration he get a display information that his account must be activated by
        the store admin

2) Display prices
        - if activated in the backend, display article price in categories and product details
        as list price, discount in % and amount, discount price

3) Direct order list like this:
        http://www.online-edelstahlshop.de/koerting.php/sid/cb9a04fc2de0595cda560ca7863bafba/cl/d3_quick2basket

So, I think I forgot nothing and hope you understand my suggestions.

Every comments are welcome!

Feedback and Knowledge Base