I suggest to implement ...

extend persParam functionality

entry moved here from https://bugs.oxid-esales.com/view.php?id=1798

The persparams are a good way to add certain blocks of information to a basketitem - the only problem I see is that one can not configure if they should be held in the background.
Currently the persparams are ment to store stuff the customer entered, but they are also very well suited for storing programmatic information (e.g. ids of foreign tables for complex additions to a base product in the basket - uploaded pictures, configuration data etc.).
So there should be either a feature to set a param as "hidden" or to have another array like progParams or whatever to store hidden data per basket item.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Birute M. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminMarco (Admin, OXID) responded  · 

Can’t understand the business case. Can you please explain more what you want to do, less how you want to achieve it.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andreas Dorner (a4p ASD) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also think that the persParams should be redesigned or improved.
        If you need to store additional data as mentioned above, you have to use the persparams fields. Our case is identic with the one from the request. The module stores an id in the persparams and other dynamic values from external editors, uploader, archive, calculations...
        These values are all displayed in the checkout process, order mails and in the order templates like admin_order and order history of the user. And to make them hidden, or show the corresponding values, you need to change nearly 10 blocks.
        We´ve created a module, where you can create custom pers params for an article. You can add new persparams, give them a name and also set it as hidden. But it would be nice to have this as standard in OXID. Also i think the details-persparam is too hardcoded, which is also mentioned in bug tracks. You cannot have an own persparam, if 'details' has no value...
        The output of the persparams should go over a function and not come only from templates. For example [{ $oViewConf->getPersparamValue($s_persparam_key) }]; also a getter for the label (but that can be discussed to collect more ideas).

Feedback and Knowledge Base